Friday, May 30, 2008

Well guys looks like it's physical therapy for me. 2-3 times a week for about 4 weeks. I asked the doc if it was okay for me to just take a break for a couple of weeks and he said yeah and gave me some jaw exercises to do. I mean it does seem kind of early to start PT doesn't it? Other than that he said everything looks good. I can open to 12mm and he said that was normal. He said the reason he wants me in physical therapy is to loosen up the muscles so I don't clench which makes sense I guess. Clenching equals pain. The muscles in my face do feel really tight but I think that's normal too isn't it? So anyway that's it for today, thanks for the comments and continued support. I really do appreciate it.

1 comment:

Katherine (Kate) said...

How are you doing menatally with all of this? It's hard to tell in writing, but you seem a bit frustrated, down, resigned...
thinking of you lots and waiting to see that sparkle in your eyes again *hug*

Hopefully the couple weeks reprieve is enough to give yourself a mental break before getting into the PT. Not from personal experience (obviously) but from other posters, I would have to agree the tightness at this point is normal. Timing for starting PT seems to be all over the board, with some starting asap, and others, not till a bit later. One of those OS difference of opinion things. Maybe your head start on it will enable you to loosen things up before your muscles have a chance to be too set in their ways....:)

Good to hear opening and bite are normal and looking good. It's gotta feel extra good coming from the big guns (who should know, right!?).

Keep at it, Heather, one day at a time. You'll get there. Look how far you've come already! :)