Monday, May 5, 2008

NINE DAYS LEFT! I can't believe May 14th is almost here. I am ready to get this over with. I have been trying to stay busy so I don't think about the surgery much but at this point it's hard not to think about it. Everyone around me is getting sick with a cold that's going around and I am praying that I don't catch it. I am eating to my heart's content and have gained 5 pounds (ugh). As the weather gets warmer my jaw gets less and less achy; although last week it was cold and rainy so my jaw ached a lot more than normal for this time of year. I haven't been wearing my splint all the time either; I'm sick of wearing it. I have been wearing it for 5 years now. The oral surgeon said I will not have to wear a splint after my jaw surgery. You don't know how happy that made me. I have my pre-op appt. with my primary tomorrow and the hospital will call me tomorrow for their pre-op appt and instructions tomorrow as well. Hopefully I will find out what time I need to check in next Wednesday and what time the surgery will be. I guess that's it for today. It's a beautiful day outside and I plan to enjoy it...take care everyone.

5 comments:

Shontelly said...

Nine days! SHUT UP! omg. wow, I didn't realize how old that other post was...

Katherine (Kate) said...

Fingers X-ed your family can keep the joy of sickness to themselves for the next week!! Wow, this week should fly by, what with appointment after appointment to keep you busy, and the lovely spring weather to preoccupy outside :)

Cheers to waving "BU-Bye!" to that splint!!

holski said...

Goodbye Splint! and I guess you don't really need to worry about those 5 pounds you gained. Surgery is soooo soon! I'm so excited for you!

Grace said...

Hey! I started blogging about recovery 2 weeks post-op, that's when I discovered orthobloggers. I just learned how to put links on my blog to other ppl's blogs, today!

I wanted to say that I intentionally packed on an extra 5 lbs pre-surgery as well. I think it did me good, b/c I'm not good at losing weight, but nearing 5 weeks post-op now and I've lost about 10 lbs...which is only 5 lbs from my normal weight.
Hope all goes well w/ you! I'll check back again sometime.

Michelle said...

I can't believe it's less than a week away now. Pretty soon you'll be on the other side. I'm so happy for you.
Make sure you keep us posted on your progress!