Friday, May 16, 2008

UPDATE

Thanks for the support ladies. Holly in answer to your question that is me and the staff at the hospital said the same thing you did, that I looked like Angelina Jolie, but the swelling in my lips has gone down a lot don't you think? Michelle, the name of the cream is Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment USP, 0.1% and I use it every eight hours. It is a steroid cream to help with the swelling and believe me it has. My lips really hurt but feel so much better than they did. I also wanted to let you know that they gave me a lot of antibiotics by I.V. (8 bags) and I ended up with a yeast infection; just wanted you to be prepared, they gave me meds for it and the itching has stopped but not exactly something I wanted to deal with. Anyway, just glad that it's dealt with and one less thing to worry about. I am really tired so I'm gonna go now, will continue to keep you posted on my progress. Again, thanks for the support I love hearing from everyone.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I forgot to tell you I was not wired shut but do have elastics. I will take a picture tonight and post tomorrow. I am able to open quite a bit I think. So, anyway will post those pics tomorrow.

holski said...

Heather, I noticed you have stitches on the sides of your face.. Did they make cuts from the outside?

I'm so excited for more pics!

holski said...

By the way... nice profile. ;) Even though you are swollen, you look great!!!

Shontelly said...

It's good to see that your doing well and the swelling looks great - for now! Wait a couple more days. hehehe

Dragon (Karen) said...

Looking good and great that you're feeling well Heather! :-)

Keep up the positive attitude!

Katherine (Kate) said...

SOOO good to hear (and see) you back safe & sound!!! Hope med stuff gets sorted so as to be more effective for you :)

(I'm assuming the exterior cuts were from placing the bottom screws for the lower BSSO......Give it a couple weeks and you won't even know they were there!)

DEFINATELY Angelina Jolie-esq. HOT Mama!!