Thursday, May 8, 2008

6 more days!

Okay, only 6 days left...I'm getting more excited and less nervous as the day draws closer. I've decided to throw a party on Saturday the 10th so I can relax and have a good time with my family and friends. Also, almost everyone I know can cook very well and I'm looking forward to good food before surgery. I also don't drink much so am looking forward to having a couple of beers. I asked the nurse who did my hospital pre-op if it was ok and she said as long I didn't drink alcohol 24 hours before surgery I was fine. So, I had three pre-op's this week and everything went fine; got my clean bill of health and go ahead for the surgery. Now everything is falling into place. Hopefully my son doesn't spread his cold to me. I went around the house yesterday and sanitized all the surfaces he had touched and sprayed the house with sanitizing spray to kill any airborne germs. I know it sounds obsessive but I have waited almost two years for this day and do not want anything bad to happen. I have also been drinking DanActive hoping to give my immune system an extra boost; don't know if it works but we'll see. I'm not sick yet, but I don't want to jinx myself either. I plan on sanitizing the house until he isn't sick anymore. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get sick. In other news, I haven't heard from the OS's office about my surgery time. So, I don't know what time I have to check in to the hospital. I am going to take some before pictures and post them soon if I can figure out how to do picassa. I plan on having my husband take pictures of me in the hospital and showing him how to post for me and give you an update. He's a hunter and pecker when it comes to typing so the post will be short and sweet, lol. As soon as I am able I will give you all the gory details and hopefully lots of pictures. That's it for now...

8 comments:

ingrid said...

Hi there! Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Keep on sanitizing, I don't think you're obsessive at all! I used drink mixes like Airborne and Emergen-C to keep myself from catching germs as well. No idea if it actually works, but I didn't get sick :)

holski said...

Less than a week!!!! I will be thinking about ya Heather!

Grace said...

Ya know, after being reschedule twice in the month before my surgery (it went from Mar. 6th to Mar. 27th and finally happened Apr. 3rd), I was sanitizing behind ppl's backs too. The girl I share my work area w/ had some really bad flu and she returned to work the week before I got out and she'd go home before I did b/c she wasn't 100% and I usually stayed late, so I'd sanitize her keyboard and under her desk and chair and her entire cube, then move to my cube and sanitize my keyboard and under my desk and area before I left.
I don't know how I didn't catch anything in the nasty subway we have in Chicago. I felt the same way about it as you do. I waited 10 yrs for this surgery (I knew I needed this when I was 14, when I had my right TM joint surgery) and had braces for 2 yrs and had so many cancellations and rescheduling that I didn't want to risk anything.
I hope all goes well w/ you! Minimal pain and quick recovery is what I'll be praying for for you!

Dragon (Karen) said...

The big day is nearly here Heather and it's great you're so looking forward to what can be achieved by your surgery!

Great you're taking extra good care of your health and here's to everything going to plan.

Thinking of you!

Michelle said...

Have a great time Saturday, relax and really enjoy yourself.
I would be doing the whole sanitizing thing too! Whatever it takes, we've come this far!
I'll be showing my husband the whole blog thing too. I'm hoping he can post a few things just to keep you guys all up to date on what's going on.
My fingers are crossed that the next few days goes smoothly!
Take care!

Leah said...

Good luck this week! I'm also glad that we will be going through this at the same time. I feel the same paranoia that you do regarding catching colds. I refrained from enjoying some yummy looking ice cream birthday cake because of the girl blowing out the trick-candles. You never know where those germs could be! I've never been such a germaphobe. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and I will be checking on your progess!

Shontelly said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you!! Pictures, take lots of pictures!

Stephanie said...

Wow, your day is almost here! I hope you had a great time at your party. Here's to keeping those germs at bay, and a quick and speedy recovery!