Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm Back




The top four pictures were taken the day after surgery. The next two were taken in recovery.



Hey girls, I'm back! My hubby didn't get a chance to follow through on the posting, so very sorry for that. I am very very sore. I got home yesterday afternoon and went right to bed. I have been taking pictures...I've gotta warn you it doesn't look like me very much. My lips are very swollen. I was in recovery for 4 hours because the swelling and the pain was so bad. I have already lost 5 pounds cause I'm just not hungry. The doctor was very pleased with the outcome of the surgery. He said my bite was perfect. Of course I can't tell yet. Right now I could care less anyway, the pain is awful for me. I can feel everything...that's good right? So far the only numb spot I have is on the right side of my nose. The pain meds so far don't help as much as I'd hoped they would. He put me on hydromorphone 2mg, take 2 tablets every 3-4 hours. I also take 750mg tylenol every six hours, 300mg clindamycin (antibiotic) every 6 hours, phenergan 25mg every 6 hours as needed for nausea, peridex rinse 3 times a day (this stuff really soothes my mouth, I love it) and a steroid cream every 8 hours for my lips ( this stuff is awesome too, very soothing). So, if it seems like I'm babbling I probably am and sorry for the mistakes or anything that doesn't make sense to you in this post. So anyway I wanted to say that I'm sorry for keeping you in suspense for so long and my husband apologizes for not posting. I will give better updates when I'm feeling better and more like my old self.

5 comments:

ingrid said...

thank you for sharing. hope you're able to get some rest. get better soon!!

holski said...

Heather!! There you are!

Is that a recovering jaw surgery patient, or Angelina Jolie????!!! Your lips are huge! =)

I am sorry to hear about your pain. Hopefully the worst is over now. You seem to have things under control. I was so happy to see your new post and so glad you are finally on the other side! Good luck with recovery!

Michelle said...

Oh.. I'm so glad everything went well. It's good to hear from you, we'll have to scold the ole' husband later!
I'm sorry the pain meds aren't doing their job. Hopefully you won't need them long anyways!
I'm going to ask my doc about that lip cream, what's the name of it? I had a heck of a time with my lips during my last surgery.
I'm so glad the surgery went so well, good for you!
Get some rest and take care of yourself!
ps: are you wired?

Shontelly said...

Hey there!!
So happy for you. Glad everything went smoothly. Your lips are so huge! haha That's cool that they gave you a cream for them. I wasn't offered that!

Tell the hubs that we are very dissapointed. ;) JJ My hubs wouldn't update mine for me either. Didn't have the time really. We understand!!

stephanie said...

glad to see you out and about!