Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thank You

Well, I stand corrected...not everyone sees their oral surgeon a lot. I just wanted to apologize for making that assumption. Thanks so much for your comments. Just hearing from you puts my mind at ease. When you're preparing for a big surgery you expect everyone involved to be...well more involved. I had my wire changed yesterday (my teeth/jaw are very sore) and was able to ask my ortho some questions as well. He is a really awesome dr. and he put my mind at ease too. At my next appt he will do more molds/impressions and perform a mock surgery on them to be sure my teeth are ready for surgery. If they're not he said he'd make sure they were so the surgery doesn't have to be cancelled. He assured me we have plenty of time to make the necessary adjustments if need be. The only way surgery would be cancelled is if the oral surgeon decides he doesn't want to work that day. So, I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly and May 14th will be the day.
So anyway, had my wire changed yesterday to a bigger wire. The assistant had a hard time getting the old wire out and kept yanking on it til she finally got it out...jeesh. There were two teenagers in the chairs next to me looking pretty horrified. It felt great to have the wire out so I could floss without it. I also had the ties changed and the wire taken off the bottom so I could floss them too (my bottom teeth are done til after surgery). I now have something poking my right cheek and tearing it up. I really don't want to go back cause it's an hour away so I think I'll dig out the wax. I haven't had to use wax thus far so I'm not sure where I put it. My chin and cheekbones are sore today too for some reason. Well, my dog just came in with a piece of the living room floor in her mouth so I gotta go. Will talk to you all later.

2 comments:

Shontelly said...

Isn't it just wonderful to be able to floss normal again?! Its a treat I tell ya. I look forward to my adjustments just so I can and if they don't let me I make sure I let them know how dissapointed I am. lol

Pretty soon your going to be a pro at applying wax!

stephanie said...

I love wax! I don't need it often, but the few times I have needed it it's been sweet bliss :) Just dry, stick, and squish! Glad to meet you - good luck on your surgery date!