Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jaw pain

I was supposed to have my appointment with my tmj doc today, but we had a bad snowstorm and I ended up cancelling. We got another foot of snow (ughh). They couldn't get me in again until June, but put me on the cancellation list. Not much to really say today except the weather seems to be impacting my jaw quite a bit pain wise. My pain has been severe the last two weeks. All I can think of is it must be all this humidity from all the snow we've gotten that's making my jaw hurt more. Nothing I do to try to alleviate the pain helps and I'm frustrated. The nurse told me to use moist heat, glucosamine with condroiton (?sp), soft chew or liquid diet, and decrease stress (yeah right). I take muscle relaxers and pain medication too. I just can't seem to get any relief from any of these things. The heat helps but not for very long; only half an hour tops. I usually only eat one meal a day and snack the rest of the day. My jaw gets really tired when I chew anyway so I just try not to eat much. Anyway, enough complaining from me for now. It's late so I'm going to sign off and go to bed.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Heather, welcome to our blogging world. I think you are now the closest one to me, I live in N.H. My upper surgery is tentatively scheduled for March 24I had SARPE in June, so this is the second round for me. I'll keep reading to see your progress. I do hope you get some relief from all the pain that you are in!
Take care.
Michelle