Monday, February 25, 2008

Not much to say today. Still the same ole same...jaw pain is starting to calm down finally and my teeth are not achy anymore. I've been keeping busy as much as possible so I don't think about the jaw pain but sometimes it's hard. I planted some tulips in flower pots last week and they're actually growing. I also started the demolition of our bathroom by tearing the tile off the walls. That was very therapeutic. My kids are on vacation until March 4th so they'll keep me busy which is nice. But, I'm sure I'll be glad to see them go back to school. Today is my husband's birthday so I made him a punch bowl cake which is his favorite and I will make him tuna casserole for his dinner. I bought him a boombox for his satellite radio; I already gave it to him and he loves it. I did our income taxes and we're getting a nice refund. We decided we will use the money towards remodelling our living room. This house is a fixer upper but we've done two rooms so far. Our biggest thing is going to be replacing the windows; they're original to the house and the house was built pre-civil war. We were told that the house has tunnels underneath it from the underground railroad which I think is pretty neat. We only have a partial basement and the rest is crawl space. So it's kind of difficult to get in there to see but we will check it out. Being an old house it has a lot of character and was well maintained and we got a good deal on it because it needed so much cosmetic work done. The walls all had wallpaper which I don't really care for unless it's pretty or in good shape. My husband remodel homes for a living plus he's self-employed so we can do the work when time and money allow us to. We do tend to argue a lot about we want to do as far as updates though, but in the end we always work it out. So anyway, I will talk to you all later, hopefully my next post will be more about braces.

No comments: