Monday, April 7, 2008

It's been awhile since I last posted. Just not a lot of changes to report. I have noticed slight changes in my bite but nothing significant. The snow is finally melting...WHOO HOO!!!!! We can see the ground again! I am so freaking happy to see the snow go. We went to Connecticut this weekend to see my husbands kids and to go to my step-granddaughter's first birthday party. She is the cutest little thing. It was nice seeing the kids again though. They're all grown up (24 and married with a child, 21 and 18) and do their own things now so we don't see too much of them while we're there. We did get to see the baby for a few hours before we left and spend some time with his daughter and her husband which was very nice. We always want to see them more but it's hard because it gets expensive. We did get to go to Cabella's to get a new fish finder for the boat. But, we have to take it back because it's missing parts. So, we have 30 days to take it back and we will get to visit the kids again. We are planning a camping trip for Memorial day weekend (9 days after my surgery) because my 21 yr old step-daughter and her friends are coming up to see us and want to go camping that weekend. We always start our camping season on Memorial day weekend with my family. Unfortunately, I don't know if I will be able to go. The campground we are going to is only a few miles away so if I'm not feeling well at that point I'm not going with them. Plus, we always bring the karaoke equipment and provide the entertainment for the campground; they will be very disappointed this year because I won't be able to sing and my husband doesn't sing so doesn't want to do it by himself. But, there are plenty of other things to keep them occupied. The campground has a paintball course, mini-golf, a pool, and go-karts. The kids love it there and I see no reason for us to change our plans. Who knows maybe I'll be feeling just fine and will be able to go. I'll just have to prepare myself for the looks I'll get from the people who don't know me when they see my swollen face; and probably the looks my husband will get lol. Poor guy. Hopefully I'll be able to talk clearly at that point so I can explain why I look beat up. My surgery is only 38 days away now. Hard to believe it's only a little over a month away; time is flying now. I have so many appointments coming up; 4/18 with orthodontist, 4/22 pre-op with OS, 5/6 pre-op with primary, 5/7 pre-op with tmj doc, and 5/13 surgical hooks. I have arranged for my kids to stay with family while I'm in the hospital because my husband is going to stay in Burlington so he doesn't have to travel so far. I don't know if they'll let him stay in my room with me. Probably not but I'll ask anyway. Luckily, my mom and my aunt live in the same area as me so the kids will be able to go to school as usual. My 16 year old thought they were staying home by themselves and I think he was a little excited about that idea because he was disappointed when I told him he and the dog are staying with his grandmother. My daughter will stay with my aunt. I will soon start buying my food for after the surgery. I think I am pretty well prepared for the whole thing. I just hope I don't get too nervous as the big day gets closer. There is just so much to do before. My biggest fear right now is that they will change the surgery date. Well that's it for now. Take care everyone.

4 comments:

Shontelly said...

I remember all those appointments. Glad that's all over with! My goodness.. so a little more than a month away. I was petrified at that point. Your doing wonderful.

Katherine (Kate) said...

Gotta love Spring!! Full of all sorts of promises of things to come.....especially for you, this year :)

Do you feel like a medical secretary keeping track of all those appointments? OY! Fingers crossed everything goes ahead as scheduled :)

Heather said...

Yeah, now that you mention it I do feel like a secretary. I used to work in a medical office as a receptionist answering phones and scheduling appointments; it IS a lot like that. Hmmm...never thought about it that way.

Michelle said...

Good luck with all of those upcoming appt's. I hope everything goes ahead as scheduled!!