Monday, March 10, 2008

Update

I just wanted to update on the name of the recipe book I bought online. Shontell pointed out other victims would probably enjoy this. It is called "dinner through a straw" and you can buy zip n squeeze bags there as well. Their website is www.dinnerthroughastraw.net and the products are not expensive. The jaw bra (the contraption they wrap around your head with ice packs in it) I bought at another website where you can buy zip n squeeze bags and other things...this website is www.zip-n-squeeze.com again it won't be too expensive. Hope this helps everyone who's looking for this stuff for their surgery. Also, both places mail this stuff to you through US postal service so make sure you give them your mailing address and not your physical address. I gave them my physical address thinking it was being sent UPS and it caused a delay. Good luck and again hope this helps.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll have to check that dinner through a straw website out. I already have the zip-n-squeeze bags... thought I would be using them sooner rather than later. I'm still really bummed about the surgery being postponed. I'm praying that May will be the month although, he doesn't seem as much in a hurry as I am. Take care, and think spring!!

Shontelly said...

Wish I'd known about this book before my surgery!!

nabukay said...

wow it sounds like you are really well prepared for the surgery! i hope the others read your latest post because that is very helpful information! Good luck!

Katherine (Kate) said...

Heehee~ I just love the name "Dinner through a straw"! Will have to check it out. Thanks for posting the link :)

Stephanie said...

Hi Heather, thanks for stopping by my blog. It sounds like your TMJ is pretty progressed. I do get neck and shoulder pain, I didn't really realize how much until I went to a chiropractor last year. I don't have disc displacement, though ... it sounds like you are a little more progressed with your TMJ than I am. The drug protocol my OS has me on is mostly for joint stabilization, he does not have me on narcotics since my pain has never been to the point of intolerable. I have seen how my condition has gotten worse, though, over the last 7 years, so I guess I am trying to prevent things from getting worse or else I surely would be on them at some point in the future. Feel free to stop by my blog any time :)

Steph & Steve G said...

This is a fantastic find! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the support. Wish so much we were doing the surgery in May together. Oh well.

Take care and we'll chat soon.