Thursday, March 6, 2008



I had my wire changed a little over two weeks ago and I am noticing big changes. The gap from my open bite is smaller. My upper teeth are now even farther behind my lower teeth. I am just amazed how much of a difference there is. When I was flossing the other day I was able to get the floss in between my molars on the upper right side (I haven't been able to do that since the braces were put on without shredding the floss). My jaw pain is ab0ut the same; some days are better than others. I have started buy things I will need after the surgery. So far I've bought a blender with a travel mug (I can make smaller portions in this so I don't have to use the big one), zip n squeeze bags, ice packs and hot packs and a recipe book that included the syringe kit to eat with. I was a little shocked to see that the tubing was actually a catheter tube; is that what they actually put in your urethra? Ouch...not looking forward to that! I will stock up on books next time we go to the bookstore. I called my OS's office earlier this week to make sure that my surgery is still booked for May 14th and to see what I needed to do for my blood donation. I have to call the red cross to set up a date for the collection. My surgery date is still on; so far so good. I hope I don't have to go through the frustration of having my surgery cancelled at the last minute. Right now I just want it over and done with. I'm curious to see how my mock surgery turns out when my ortho does it at the end of the month. Anyway, that's it for now. Bye til next time.

3 comments:

Shontelly said...

YIKES! Yeap, I've seen those bad boys! They are huge. Pretty gross thinking about using it to suck down food when you think about what it's really for huh?

That sounds like a very useful book. You should post the title. I bet other jaw surgery victims would find it helpful.

Your teeth look nice and straight. Holski, on my bloggers list, is having her surgery in May as well. You should check her out. WEll ta ta. . :D

Heather said...

Thanks Shontell, I will update my post and give fellow victims the name and websites where I bought my stuff.

Anonymous said...

So you're scheduled for a month before me... I'll be sure to be following everything that happens to you! Wel, if you're feeling up to blogging, of course.